“I was very happy with the treatment I received. I loved receiving the exercises by email. It was nice to have as a reminder to do them as well as how to do them. I was also happy with explanations provided for what was causing the pain.
Virtual Rehabilitation Physical Therapy in Edmonton
Want To Meet us Online? No Problem!
We Provide Enhanced Online Services To Relieve Your Pain Right From Where You Are.
“Prior to treatment I regularly experienced discomfort and my sleep was affected. Now I don’t have any pinching at all and no lingering pain- very satisfied with that. I found the staff all very warm and attentive. My questions were answered easily and I felt heard. Thank you for the healing!”
“I found the staff here friendly, welcoming, kind and helpful. My therapist and support staff were knowledgeable and gentle. My condition improved quickly with the therapies I received.”
There’s not much difference between virtual rehabilitation and in-person rehabilitation. At Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, we believe that distance should not be a barrier to access needed health care at any moment. And this is why we have adopted the virtual session to help treat and manage patients conditions who might be far away or busy to attend our in-person session at the clinic
Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, virtual rehabilitation program requires the use of technological and compatible devices such as laptops, tablets, computers, or phones to connect visually via video conference call with one of our licensed therapy experts in order to assess and provide the necessary treatment required. This physiotherapy method is highly safe, effective, and the same as the ethical standards of care given during in-person sessions.
If you want to try out and enjoy this physiotherapy method, contact our clinic today to book an online 1-1 session with one of our specialists.
How Does Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic Virtual Physiotherapy Works?
Immediately you book an appointment with one of our sports physiotherapists, your intake and other necessary documentation will be sent to your email after you book your session. Within 30 minutes before your scheduled session, an email will be sent to your mail containing a link and other basic information before the commencement of your session. This will enable voice and video connection between you and your therapist.
What to expect at Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic when you choose a virtual rehabilitation session
- Information concerning your overall health, lifestyle, and injury are collected to have a proper understanding of your condition
- Comprehensive functional movement assessment and strength limitations performance
- Assessment and diagnoses of the affected area of pain
- Discussion session about your condition and how to manage it
- Use of evidence-based treatment ( depends on the complaints made), which may comprise of one or more of the following;
- Strengthening exercises
- Self-mobilization of soft tissue or joints.
- Visual and verbal cueing for better performance
- Providing feedback on your progression
- Photos, videos, reading resources to assist you
- Training another person to assist you with stretches or exercises.
- Recommend necessary equipment – braces, supports, etc.
- Creation of a full rehabilitation plan.
- Review of ongoing progress after each stage of recovery
- Listening to your complaints or answering any questions you may have
What are the benefits of Virtual Therapy care?
Research has shown that since the inception of virtual treatment methods, it has been a reliable source for many patients. Some of the benefits of virtual therapy care include;
- Accessibility to required health care using service provider connection despite your location
- Protects your privacy through certain policies
- Alternative solution to those experiencing mobility or time factor barriers.
- Reduces time and resources spent for traveling while ensuring you get the quality care needed.
Do Extended Health Insurance Company provides coverage for Virtual care?
Currently, most extended health insurance companies have included virtual care as part of their services for customers. If you want to know more about that, kindly visit or contact your healthcare provider to inquire about your plan limits for virtual physiotherapy. Some common insurers like Manulife, WSIB, Sunlife, Canada Life, and Great-West life provide customers with virtual care coverage. Other health insurers may have included virtual care in their services because insurance policies continuously evolve. So, contact your insurance company to know your coverage plan.
Learn more about Virtual Care
Are you still contemplating if virtual rehabilitation at Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic is a better idea for you? Or do you want to know more about this treatment program offered? Contact Us to discuss further or make more inquire about this program today.
Commonly Asked Questions
- What types of physiotherapy are provided with virtual rehabilitation?
Virtual rehabilitation can be used for patients suffering from pelvic health concerns, concussions, musculoskeletal injuries or pains, and vestibular conditions.
- Does insurance cover virtual rehabilitation? Do you still direct bills?
Yes! Depending on your extended healthcare provider. But we are unaware of any health insurance that doesn’t have virtual care as part of its therapeutic benefits. Concerning direct bills, we have no reports, nor have we been denied for direct bills. But you can confirm from your insurer to know if your coverage plan covers this service because there may be a copay, which you will be able to pay via online means.
- Is there any guarantee of my privacy?
Yes! Our online appointment platform is built with electronic medical record software, and it is provided within a secure interface that functions within the privacy standards of our regulatory bodies. Every session is encrypted in transit, and none of the data can be stored or accessed from any location.
- Is there any specification of device to use for the visual physiotherapy session?
A proper guideline will be provided when you contact our clinic about the visual rehabilitation program.
- What should I do before my virtual physiotherapy session?
- Look for a suitable position to place your device in such a way that it can provide maximum coverage when showing your whole body while sitting, standing, or lying down on the bed or floor during your face-to-face session. Wear a gym cloth or loose-fitting cloth to ensure free movement. Remember to check your email account for a link 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- Any questions you may want to ask before your appointment, feel free to give us a call or send an email. We will be happy to respond.
Visit Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic today to relieve any pain and live the comfortable life you deserve.