How Physiotherapy Can Help You Recover From Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Motor vehicle accident is a traumatic experience that can inflate physical, mental, and emotional damage to one’s life
Many victims of this condition suffer from varying degrees of injuries, symptoms, and underlying conditions that can have long-term, debilitating, and life-threatening effects.
Some injuries sustained may not be physically visible or felt following the occurrence. In some cases, symptoms may take days, weeks, and even months before becoming noticeable. However, getting adequate and instant treatment can help lower the effects of injuries sustained as well as prevent other possible minor injuries or underlying conditions that may generate further complications.
Interestingly, physiotherapy can help restore your health to normal following a motor vehicle accident. At momentum spine and sports physiotherapy clinic, we understand that you may sometimes experience no injury following such an incident. Well, a lucky escape can eventually result in prolonged and severe pain if not treated as soon as possible.
If you are a recent or past victim of a motor vehicle accident, Momentum spine and sports physiotherapy clinic can help you achieve a better and more comfortable health condition. We have the facility and expertise to treat any form of motor vehicle injuries. Contact us to book an appointment!!!!
Common type of motor vehicle accident injuries and symptoms
Some of the most frequent motor vehicle accident injuries that can be treated using therapeutic methods include but are not limited to;
- Leg and arm pain
- Back and neck pain
- Herniated disk
- Traumatic brain injury
- Muscles weakness
Along with these injuries, you may likely experience some of these common symptoms as well. Therefore, you need to watch out for any of these below;
- Restricted neck motion
- Frequent headaches or migraines
- Prolonged fatigue
- Continuous pain around the head, back, neck, or shoulders
- Tingling in the upper part of the body
If you do not experience any of the conditions or symptoms above, you can contact us immediately to have a consultation and assessment with our specialist. Irrespective of the level of pain or discomfort felt, our physiotherapist can help you to decrease your pain and improve your overall health.
How can physiotherapy help you recover after a motor vehicle accident injuries?
The essence of physiotherapy following an injury sustained from a motor vehicle accident is to help address a wide array of conditions that can possibly affect the body and restore them to normal. These conditions include improving flexibility, mobility, strength, motion range, and more.
However, not all injuries sustained from motor vehicle accidents can be treated immediately. For some injuries, surgery, also known as an invasive treatment, is required before a physiotherapy or rehabilitation program such as post-surgery rehabilitation can be introduced. Nevertheless, physiotherapy treatment before surgery can sometimes prevent you from undergoing surgery. This is why physiotherapy is identified as a key treatment following an accident.
Keep in mind that you can also experience a motor vehicle accident yet without any immediate signs or symptoms of pain and discomfort. Physiotherapy can help you identify hidden pains and symptoms as well as address them. Also, physiotherapy can help restore your health to its proper state without opting for invasive treatment or frequent use of harmful pain relief drugs.
The quicker you seek physiotherapy treatment following a motor vehicle crash, the earlier to attain a pain-free life as well as speed up your recovery process. According to a study conducted by Medscape, those who didn’t receive physiotherapy treatment were much more likely to suffer from degenerative disc disease. Meeting a physiotherapist can save you from suffering from prolonged long-term damage due to a motor vehicle accident.
Benefits of physiotherapy after a motor vehicle accident.
- Eliminating pain– Physiotherapy helps eliminate pain caused by injuries, diseases, and underlying conditions. During therapeutic exercises and manual therapy, blood, oxygen, and nutrients are pumped to affected or injured parts of the body. This helps to fasten the healing process, and lower pain felt within that region. Our physiotherapist may recommend strengthening and stretching exercises to ease pain and improve affect body mechanics
- Curing vertigo– You may experience vertigo after a car accident. However, our physiotherapists can help you out using some therapeutic approaches to restore dysfunction in the vestibular system.
- Prevent the possibility of undergoing surgery– Physiotherapy treatment can prevent you from undergoing surgery. It can help by strengthening tendons, ligaments, and muscles. In addition, physiotherapy is a much more cost-friendly and highly effective solution.
- Restores body function and supports quick recovery– Stiffness, impaired motion range, headache, and other forms of conditions can create limitations to one’s body and lifestyle. Physiotherapy care can help motor vehicle accident victims return to their normal lifestyle and recover quickly by keeping their symptoms at bay and improving their flexibility and strength.
Contact us as soon as possible!!!
Are you suffering from ongoing pain due to a motor vehicle accident? Did you experience a motor vehicle accident in the past, and you are yet to see a physiotherapist for a proper health assessment? Then, contact us to schedule an appointment with our physiotherapists, orthopedists, and massage therapists.