“I was very happy with the treatment I received. I loved receiving the exercises by email. It was nice to have as a reminder to do them as well as how to do them. I was also happy with explanations provided for what was causing the pain.
“Prior to treatment I regularly experienced discomfort and my sleep was affected. Now I don’t have any pinching at all and no lingering pain- very satisfied with that. I found the staff all very warm and attentive. My questions were answered easily and I felt heard. Thank you for the healing!”
“I found the staff here friendly, welcoming, kind and helpful. My therapist and support staff were knowledgeable and gentle. My condition improved quickly with the therapies I received.”
Tele Rehabilitation Physiotherapy St Albert
At Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, we believe that distance should not be a barrier to accessing needed health care at any moment. And this is why we have adopted telemedicine to help treat and manage patients with certain conditions who might be far away or busy to attend our in-person sessions at the clinic
Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, telerehabilitation program requires the use of telecommunication devices such as laptops, tablets, computers, or phones to guide and treat remotely. Our licensed therapy experts assess and provide the rehabilitation session over telecommunication networks. This rehabilitation method is highly safe, effective, and the same as the ethical standards of care given during in-person sessions.
Contact our clinic today to book an online 1-1 session with one of our specialists if you want to try out and enjoy this physiotherapy method.
Services we provide for telerehabilitation
- Tele-physio: exercise prescription, pain management, self-management techniques, and injuries advice
- Clinical assessment: movements issues and functional assessment
- Tele-OT: concussion care, cognitive rehabilitation, and ergonomics.
Other conditions like headaches, injury pain, vestibular management, as well as pelvic health can also be provided through telemedicine. If your condition is critical/severe, we do urge patients to come for our in-person sessions.
How Does Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic telerehabilitation Work?
Immediately you book an appointment with one of our sports physiotherapists, your intake and other necessary documentation will be sent to your email after you book your session. Within 30 minutes before your scheduled session, an email will be sent to your mail containing a link and other basic information before the commencement of your session. This will enable voice and video connection between you and your therapist.
What to expect from a telerehabilitation session with Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic
- Information concerning your overall health, lifestyle, and injury is collected to have a proper understanding of your condition
- Comprehensive functional movement assessment and strength limitations performance
- Assessment and diagnosis of the affected area of pain
- Discussion session about your condition and how to manage it
- Use of evidence-based treatment (depends on the complaints made), which may comprise one or more of the following;
- Strengthening exercises
- Self-mobilization of soft tissue or joints.
- Visual and verbal cueing for better performance
- Providing feedback on your progression
- Photos, videos, and reading resources to assist you
- Training another person to assist you with stretches or exercises.
- Recommend necessary equipment – braces, supports, etc.
- Creation of a full rehabilitation plan.
- Review of ongoing progress after each stage of recovery
- Listening to your complaints or answering any questions you may have
What are the benefits of Telerehabilitation?
Telerehabilitation has been a reliable means of treatment for many patients. Some of the benefits include;
- Accessibility to required health care using service provider connection despite your location
- Protects your privacy through certain policies
- An alternative solution to those experiencing mobility or time factor barriers.
- Reduces time and resources spent on traveling while ensuring you get the quality care needed.
Do Extended Health Insurance Company provides coverage for Telerehabitation?
Currently, most extended health insurance companies have included virtual care as part of their services for customers. If you want to know more about that, kindly visit or contact your healthcare provider to inquire about your plan limits for virtual physiotherapy. Some common insurers like Manulife, WSIB, Sunlife, Canada Life, and Great-West life provide customers with virtual care coverage. Other health insurers may have included virtual care in their services because insurance policies continuously evolve. So, contact your insurance company to know your coverage plan.
Learn more about telerehabilitation
Are you still contemplating if telerehabilitation at Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic is a better idea for you? Or do you want to know more about this treatment program offered? Contact us to discuss further or make more inquiries about this program today.