“I was very happy with the treatment I received. I loved receiving the exercises by email. It was nice to have as a reminder to do them as well as how to do them. I was also happy with explanations provided for what was causing the pain.
Are you experiencing muscle tension?
Myofascial Release can help!
“Prior to treatment I regularly experienced discomfort and my sleep was affected. Now I don’t have any pinching at all and no lingering pain- very satisfied with that. I found the staff all very warm and attentive. My questions were answered easily and I felt heard. Thank you for the healing!”
“I found the staff here friendly, welcoming, kind and helpful. My therapist and support staff were knowledgeable and gentle. My condition improved quickly with the therapies I received.”
Myofascial Massage Therapy
Do you feel muscle tightness or stiffness? There is a high possibility you might be suffering from myofascial pain usually caused by muscular irritation. But there’s good news! It can be treated at Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic using myofascial release treatments
If your tight or stiff muscles are affecting for regular routine or lifestyle, we urge you to contact our clinic to have a treatment session with one of our massage therapists and learn more about how myofascial can relieve your condition.
What type of conditions can a myofascial release be used for?
Tightness or stiffness of the muscles can affect your mobility and can further cause pain of varying degrees. Luckily, no matter the level of pain you might be experiencing, myofascial release can be used to loosen up the affected muscles so as to relieve your pain and improve your mobility back to normal.
However, several conditions can be corrected/treated using myofascial release techniques. Some of these conditions include;
- Injury: muscles stiffness can be caused by injury. By massaging the affected area, it helps to loosen up the muscles and aid the healing process.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder: most times, patients suffering from the temporomandibular joint disorder are often treated using myofascial release. By massaging the muscles around the jaw, it helps reduce pain, inflammation, and improve mobility.
- Myofascial pain syndrome: this particular condition mostly affects muscles and can be treated using myofascial release. First, the trigger point for your myofascial pain is identified before the massage is performed.
- Fibromyalgia: fibromyalgia causes stiffness in multiple muscles. To relieve the pain caused by this condition, the affected area has to be identified and then massaged.
- Chronic headaches/migraines: myofascial release has effectively eliminated pain from chronic headaches and migraines. By massaging tight muscles around the neck and head helps relieve the pain.
If you have been diagnosed with any of the above conditions or another condition that you think myofascial release might be of effective use, kindly contact our clinic today.
How can I benefit from myofascial release?
Our dedicated team of massage therapists are well-trained and professionally experienced in handling conditions that require the application of myofascial release, with depth knowledge of what specific pressure points to focus on in order to heal your fascia (return it to its elastic form). Myofascial release is a special massage therapy that helps eliminate pain by loosening tension and stiffness around affected muscles.
Include myofascial release to your treatment plan today!
Don’t let tight and stiff muscles hinder your regular activities!
At Momentum Spine and Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, our specialist will ensure your muscles are pain-free. Contact us today to book an appointment and get the best treatment you deserve for your condition.