Our hope is not only to help you find relief now, but also to give you tools for continued good health. That's why we employ the McKenzie™ Method, a philosophy of active patient treatment that emphasizes injury intervention and prevention. We take you through a sequence of maneuvers and measure three things at each session's beginning and end—how you feel, and the effect on your motions and function. Your favorable or unfavorable responses to each maneuver help guide the exercises we prescribe at each step to bring about increasingly less pain, more movement and better function. You'll come away not only stronger and healthier, but empowered with valuable life-long pain management and prevention skills.
Our neck program has been extremely successful with more than four out of five patients in such areas as:
- muscle spasms
- bulging, ruptured and degenerative discs
- spinal stenosis
- spondylothesis and spondylolysis
- and many other spinal problems.
Migraine sufferers are finding relief as well. Migraine sufferers commonly have altered neck posture or reduced range of motion, and it is estimated that 64 percent of migraine attacks involve neck pain.
Not all neck problems can be resolved without surgery. But medical experts now believe even when surgery is required, post-surgical rehabilitation greatly increases the chances of a successful operation by reconditioning the surrounding muscles.
Neuromuscular Therapy is an extremely effective method of locating and relieving persistent pain quickly to give you the boost you need to start or continue working on your strength training. Our neuromuscular therapists deliver a combination of deep tissue work, trigger point release and myofacial release
Check out our FAQs for more information.
How is the treatment program at Momentum different and better than other methods?
Helping people with persistent back and neck pain is ALL we do! All of our expertise, research and resources are focused on the best treatment in this area, and we are very good at it as our track record shows—we've been successful with most patients completing our program, regardless of their initial diagnosis or past unsuccessful treatments.
Multidisciplinary team approach. Your Momentum team are leaders in their field of expertise—physical therapists who treat back and neck pain exclusively—offering the very best knowledge, experience and care.
The power of six disciplines working together in our core treatment plan to deliver unparalleled success:
- Strengthening of the weakened muscles that support the spine–Through patient's ability to isolate these muscles we are able to improve the integrity of structural and functional tissues that have degenerated, significantly reducing or ending a patient's pain and related symptoms.
- Mechanical diagnosis and treatment –McKenzie™ Therapy, the industry leading technique
- Neuromuscular therapy –Deep tissue, myofacial release and trigger point therapy
- General stretching and strengthening–Conditions the upper and lower body to better support and protect the spine for overall health, not just the affected area.
- Patient education–We educate you on your condition and give you the tools to maintain a healthy back and neck.
- Maintenance Program–Once you complete your prescribed treatment program, you will receive three months of free maintenance.
Documented proof. No other spinal soft tissue injury treatment has this quantity of accessible, objective documentation to prove its success, including over 100 scientific medical articles and decades of clinical outcomes.
Added benefits of our proactive philosophy. Being proactive in your health means we not only help bring you freedom from persistent neck or back pain, but our program also helps strengthen muscles to improve range of motion, flexibility and endurance and to provide a healthy spine, which results in more benefits:
- Disc nutrition
- Soft tissue injury repair
- Improved mental attitude
- Conditioning of upper and lower body to support and protect the spine